From the beginning of our planning S and I decided we didn't want a standard wedding. We don't do many things standard so why should that be any different for our wedding? Since our wedding was a bit unconventional anyway, it wasn't difficult to change or omit certain things. The first thing to go was the wedding cake. I'm not a big fan of cake and S isn't too keen on towers of dessert so we agreed! We had decided on a summer bbq theme so it was easy to choose fun desserts that our guests would love just as much (or more!) than wedding cake. Anyway, who wants to worry about melting frosting in mid June?! Not me. If you are someone who also prefers something delicious over a mouthful of buttercream frosting, here's an easy and tasty dessert idea for your wedding or for right now!
Grilled Peaches with Goat Cheese & Honey Drizzle
1. Wash peach, cut in half, and remove pit.
2. Drizzle with lemon juice and a bit of honey (depending on your sweetness preference).
3. At this point you could either grill the peaches (delicious!) or pop them in the toaster oven/oven.
4. After about 10 minutes the peaches should be soft and just releasing their juices.
5. Put a scoop of your favorite goat cheese in the center and return to the grill/oven for 1 minute.
6. Plate peach and drizzle with honey.
7. Garnish with a mint leave serve.
Another delicious way to prepare this is with fresh summer herbs like lavender, rosemary, and thyme. Herbs work beautifully with stone fruits like peaches. Just sprinkle some in step two before grilling/toasting. Yum!