Friday, July 24, 2009

Bride Style: 70's Bride



Summer in NYC is always hot and muggy. Not too much opportunity to run around barefoot. Lately I have been dreaming of being somewhere in California, maybe Big Sur, circa 1970's. To appease my yearning for a summer of freedom, I've dedicated this post to the revival of the 70's bride. The 70's bride was much more of a free spirit. She was all class with a bit of rock n' roll! I loved my wedding dress so much, but if I had to do it over again, I may have considered wearing a short lace dress with a pretty wreath in my hair! And what's more rock n' roll then Jane Birkin and Bianca Jagger?!


And check out this amazing modern day 70's wedding. I love, love, love it!


2 comments:

  1. Am so doing the 70's bride thing for mine. My partner was so into the idea of wearing a borange suit and has the long locks already goin, I figured we might as well make it a theme. He's a musician and I love those old photos of my parent's wedding with the hats and pearls... not to mention the easy-going nature of the informal dress, hair, minimal makeup. Perfect for us I think. :)

    ReplyDelete