Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Phoenix Hudson: Week 3



Every week that goes by, I can't believe we've been parents for another seven days. That we've learned another new way to soothe this little guy, to meet his needs, and also find time to shower. There have been a lot of questions and frustrating moments, but mostly we are feeling like real parents now.
Baby P is such a sweet little guy. We can't say much for sleepiness. Luckily...
Not that he is sleeping through the night. Ha! Hardly. But he does wake me up by tugging on the top of my tank top and whimpering a little. He then nurses for a bit until he falls asleep for 2-3 more blissful hours. We're not as alert as ever but it's definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. I know it's different for everyone and bless his little heart, our boy seems to be an okay sleeper for the most part, but I thought I would be a zombie for sure. 
We usually get up after our 8 am feeding or if P decides to go back to sleep then we sleep in until 10. Luxury, I know. After that he eats again and we play for a little while. By play I mean stare at each other and I talk to him as he coos and makes sweet baby sounds at me. Usually I kiss him a million times until he makes a face that says, "Enough mom." Point taken.
This routine goes on for the rest of the day: nurse, nap, play, eat (me), maybe bathe...
The last few weeks have been a hazy blur of diapers, first smiles, and family naps. And in the midst of this, we are moving. Out of New York. For good.
We are not moving to California until after the holidays so this is kind of a transition move. We are moving out of our apartment and in with my parents in the burbs. We are close enough to the city to see our friends on the weekends until we move bit it's till surreal. For the next several weeks, we will be soaking up as much time with our families and friends as we can, enjoying our beloved city, and planning our new life in our NEW city. All with a newborn...Phew.
With that, we still have to pack up our whole apartment by Monday. Yikes. 

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your transition and that the time with your friends and family over the holidays will be especially joyful and full of many happy moments and memories!

    California will be an interesting adventure that you will come to love, I can guarantee :) If you need a more localized friendly hand when you pop over this way, I'm always happy to lend it, as are many of the other lovely people out this way, I'm sure.

    Good luck to your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete