Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gratitude & Me Loves My Hubs


I started writing a completely different post hours ago and minimized it for a while. Then Scott got up from working and cleaned up after breakfast. And just like that I felt like an overwhelmed hormonal pregnant lady. Welcome to my life right now.

I know what you're thinking, um...that's great. He put the butter away. And I'm fortunate that Scott does a lot "around the house" but let's be real. Most of the time I have to, ahem, remind him (read: nag) to do certain things. Since I've been pregnant he has been much more proactive in helping with housework. Let's hope this trend continues.

Anyway, it's never a bad time to reflect on what you're grateful for. S and I try to practice this every night before bed. Some days our lists are shorter than others, i.e. "I'm grateful that I got dressed today." haha But I believe that it helps us keep things in perspective, especially when the day passed was less than amazing. Try it! It also helps me not have so many worried thoughts before bed that are so difficult to avoid. Everyone is always thinking about something before bed, usually something stressful like bills, projects, kids, etc. If you close out your days thinking about positive things, you will have much sweeter dreams. I promise.

Today I'm grateful for...
  • having roughly a month left until we meet baby boy. Obviously this is first.
  • celebrating hubs' birthday yesterday. Yay!
  • reconnecting with old friends recently.
  • "meeting" so many new people in this crazy blog world.
  • cooler autumn weather...although not today.
  • Scott putting our stroller together yesterday. Sweet boy.

  • feeling pretty okay these days. Other than a sore back and unlimited bathroom trips, I can't complain.
  • seeing a lot of my girlfriends lately.
  • finally starting to see a bit of space clearing up in our apartment after all this packing.
  • all the sweet and tasty birthday pastries we picked up on our way home from dinner last night. Yum!

If you feel like posting a gratitude list today, let me know! I would love to see what you're grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment