Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Groom Style: Guys, It's Your Day Too!


Before and After

It is a great understatement that a wedding is highly focused on the female involved (something borrowed something blue). There is absolutely nothing wrong with this but I do feel men should have some sentimental value invested in their wardrobe for that special day.

I have taken you through the wonders of having a custom piece made for your wedding as a guest writer on this blog once before but now I will take it one step beyond and let you in on how you can really step it up.

Recently my father gave me an old tuxedo he purchased back in the day and I had it restored and fitted to perfection and now what was once my father’s black tie gear is now mine. It feels really good to wear it because it’s been passed down to me from him and just as that first game of catch you have with your dad is a bonding experience, so is the moment he hands you one of his old suits. The process could also be enjoyed with an uncle, a grandfather, or even an older cousin. Just make sure the tux/suit is close to your size and can be altered.

If you already have your outfit made or picked out, ask your dad for a set of cufflinks, bow tie, even a shirt. This is something that can bring you closer to a strong male figure in your life as well as make the day just as special for you as it is for your bride to be.

Guest post by Dennis Cahlo of Made to Measure


No comments:

Post a Comment