Wednesday, February 6, 2013

excuses




Where has the time gone, huh? I know, I know...excuses. I find that a lot of my days are filled with excuses lately. "I'm tired. My kid didn't sleep all night. We all have colds. It's too windy out." I never imagined that becoming a parent would make me so wishy washy about things. I find it so difficult to commit to any plans. It's so hard to know what our (er...Phoenix's) moods will be like on any given day. As much as I like to plan things out for us, not knowing what surprises the day may bring makes the odds of us doing something at a certain time or at all, 50/50. 

I didn't realize how much and how often napping schedules change. The day that you finally think, "Yes! We have a consistent schedule!" is the day baby decides to pull a fast one on you. Not so fast mom! Sigh...
P has been pushing his nap really lately, which is throwing me off. Despite that we manage to make it out of the house mostly every day, at least. 

That brings me to my little blog. My little space to share and write. Here I am, making another excuse. As grand as my ideas are, sometimes I am just tired. I know you know.

I have stories to tell, photos to share, and friendships to grow. I am so thankful for those of you who have become friends and for the real life friends and family who continue to come by this little blog. Sometimes I let too much time go by in between posts that it feels awkward to begin again. Do I pick up where I left off? Do I fill in the gaps? I don't know. So I'll just write. And stop making excuses. 


8 comments:

  1. Those of us with little ones completely understand. I'm so wishy washy myself lately too...trying to forgive myself for forgetting plans and blowing off work/home tasks for cuddling and action figures.

    Take your time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above, we understand, we are in the same boat. We are here whenever you feel like blogging. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a reader who rarely has time to comment, but I appreciate this post. With a very high needs little one on my hands I totally understand! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. I appreciate you taking the time to say that :)

      Delete
  4. i hear ya girl. sometimes i relish the days that have no plans besides what we decide to do on a whim. makes the whole thing easier. in other news, i'm pretty sure neither of us ever sleep trained (right?). and, FINALLY, parker is actually sleeping through the night on his own. so, in case your little dude isn't there yet... THERE IS HOPE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOLD THE PHONE...sleeping through the night?! AMAZING! Share your ways with me magic woman. I know you're going to say, "No magic, he just slept." Sigh. You are giving me so much hope! So happy for you and Steve. Waking up all bright eyed and what-not :)

      Delete